Acme Security was founded by William Lee and his son Loy Lee in 1928 as Acme Lock and Key Company. The company has evolved over the years from a locksmith company to a recognized provider of high security solutions.
Although, the company is still the most recognized name for locksmith services, the company has become a full service provider of high security and access control. To reflect the company's evolution to a total security company, it began adopting the name Acme Security Group or simply Acme Security as it moved into the new millennium.
During its history, Acme has been privileged to be involved with many distinctive and prestigious security projects in Atlanta, the Southeast and throughout most of the United States. The company has been called upon to provide both high security systems, as well as safe and vault services to many of the most demanding clientele and Fortune 500 businesses over its 75-year heritage.
Some of its projects have included:
- Providing safes for all the athletes during the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta,
- Installation of a nationwide Access Control System for IBM,
- Performing top security clearance work for the Secret Service, GBI, and DEA,
- Safe work at Kings Bay Nuclear sub-base aboard the Trident Sub-Tender,
- Security and Access Control for Atlanta's Emergency 911 Call Center,
- Installing and maintaining High-Security safes for the Atlanta Braves and Turner Field,
- Designing and custom fabricating of a giant deposit safe for Six Flags, and
- Installing an Access Control and Card Reader System at the Marshall Space Flight Center.
These are only a few of the hundreds of highly specialized security projects that Acme Security has been responsible for during its 75-year history. In addition to these projects, the expertise of the company has been called up to provide lock circumvention training at the Georgia Police Academy. The ability to provide such a breadth of security and safe services to its customers is a tribute to its commitment and heritage for providing the best in high security.